How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World was a beautifully crafted and fun final installment of the trilogy. Sky enjoyed it much more than Dusty, but both agree that the characters are compelling and the story was fun and well-paced.
Lessons Learned from How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
Sky & Dusty: Pick your battles
- Hiccup going out and taking out ships and freeing tons of dragons brought the dragon-hating world to his doorstep, and he finally encountered somebody he couldn’t defeat (at least at first).
Dusty: Never underestimate your opponent.
- This is a ubiquitous lesson that movie characters, both good and bad, seem to forget all the time.
Sky: Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
- Putting all the dragons in one place makes you a juicy target for dragon haters.
Dusty: If you run from your problems, they will catch up to you.
- People hate those dragons, so they’ll just follow you to your new home. Running does no good.
Sky: Don’t let your boss make a mistake.
- Eret told Hiccup that Grimmel was the worst of the worst, but left it at that and it was obvious to the audience that this would lead to issues for Hiccup and his people.
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit out Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
Yay, great Rotten Tomatoes scores from both! Audience at 89%, critics at 91%.
Dusty has chosen to revisit Avengers: Infinity War as the next movie we’ll learn from.
If you missed it, last week we discussed Alita: Battle Angel.