The Matrix more than holds up! It remains an incredible sci-fi story full of action, cool characters with awesome code names and Agent Smith. We love it!
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from The Matrix
Sky: Never trust men in suits.
- Their gonna capture you, hold you against your will and put some kinda shrimpy-tracker-thingy in your tum-tum.
Dusty: Do, follow, be, what you believe in.
- When you feel it from your bones to your balls (as the Oracle said), you’ve got to pursue it.
Sky: Always double tap.
- Cypher done screwed up royally by not killing Tank proper like. When you intend to kill something make sure you do it. This is rule number 2 in Zombieland.
Dusty: Never trust the guy that looks like a bad guy
- Yeppers, we both believe you CAN judge a book by its cover.
Lobby gun fight. Best. Scene. Ever.
Sky: Perception is reality.
- It doesn’t matter that the Matrix is an illusion, the lessons learned inside it turn Neo and others into the people they are. In real life, if you perceive something to be true and act in that fashion, your perception becomes the reality of others.
Great subway fight with Neo coming into his own and taking on Agent Smith
Dusty: There is no spoon.
- Neo chose and learned to believe that he had no limits. If you choose, you can believe the same about yourself in this life.
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit our Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
The Rotten Tomatoes scores weren’t as great as we would’ve expected… Audience at 85% and Critics at 88%. Too cerebral (as Dusty would say)?
Dusty has chosen Godzilla: King of the Monsters as the next movie we’ll learn from.
If you missed it, last week we learned from John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum