Wow! Aquaman was spot on a great movie! Fingers crossed for more DC greatness to come. Good action, cool special effects, nice acting and a great story that progressed nicely.
Updated 2.8.20: We re-released this as episode #87 in anticipation of DC’s Birds of Prey.
Lessons Learned from Aquaman
Sky: Stressful situations are opportunities for growth.
- Arthur’s powers grew when he was being bullied in the aquarium.
Dusty: Arrogance and pride will be your downfall.
- Just like General Cornwallace in The Patriot: pride is a weakness that can cause your downfall. Here, Arthur (Jason Momoa) thought he could easily defeat his younger brother King Orm (Patrick Wilson).
Sky: Heroes create their own villains.
- Arthur created the Black Manta (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II) by not helping him save his father.
How does he fight with such a huge head?
Dusty: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- Aquaman would want to be saved, so that’s good enough reason to save the father and at least turn him in to the authorities.
Sky: Don’t dismiss your impact on the environment.
- The Atlanteans got fed up with humans dirtying up the oceans. Remember ‘The Happening’ when mother nature got fed up with humans and the trees started causing us to commit suicide? Yep, it can happen.
Dusty: Learn from your mistakes.
- DC is learning from theirs and making better movies now. Hopefully, the trend will continue.
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit out Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
On Rotten Tomatoes the audience has it at 80% (matching Sky’s score) but the critics are off the mark again at 60%. At least it’s fresh.
Sky has chosen Galaxy Quest as the next movie we’ll learn from.
If you missed it, last week we discussed Bumblebee.