Bad Boys for Life was fun, but the cliched action and story, along with a few annoying fake-outs, don’t have us recommending this one (unless you’re already a Bad Boys fan).
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Bad Boys For Life
Listen to our episode on Bad Boys for Life
Dusty: Listen to the people around you.
- They have another perspective that you should consider.
Sky: Make smart mating decisions.
- Don’t screw a witch or a warlock, and don’t make it with a demon or a succubus. Mike made a huge mistake that came back to bite him.
The Bad Boys are back! Detectives Mike Lowrey (Will Smith) and Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence) .
Dusty: Never take rubber bullets to a gun fight.
- What the?! You’re dealing with criminals who have no compunction of shooting you dead.
Sky: Don’t let hate and anger cloud your judgement.
- Marcus hit the nail on the head when he told Mike he was filling those bullet holes with hate and that was leading him down the wrong path. The witch (Isabel Aretas, played by Kate del Castillo) allowed her anger lead to mistakes and her own death.
What a lovely racially and gender-iffically diverse team AMMO is.
Dusty: Always keep a grenade launcher in the boot of your ride.
- You never know when you’ll need one.
Sky: Always have an escape plan.
- You can imagine a criminal like Zway-lo (played by Nicky Jam) always know how to get out of there should a rival gang or the cops crash the party.
What a gun!
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 97%
- The Critics: 75%
- D+ from Sky and Dusty
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on 1917.