Bad Times at the El Royale was an enthralling movie from moment one. With incredible performances by Jeff Bridges, Cynthia Erivo, Chris Hemsworth and the rest of the cast, it’s a can’t miss movie. But, even for how good it was, we wouldn’t be surprised if we never watch it again.
Lessons Learned from Bad Times at the El Royale
Once you start down the wrong path, it’s tough to turn it around.
- Miles (Lewis Pullman) doing bad things at the hotel; Rose (Cailee Spaeny) falling under a cult leader’s spell, killing, then not even caring when her sister dies.
Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Read your bible and never join a cult.
- Rose was in a bad way and susceptible to Billy Lee’s temptations (Chris Hemsworth). What a terrible situation to be in.
It’s never too late to change your ways.
- Sure, maybe you can’t make it up to those you’ve wronged or get forgiveness from them, but you can do right from this point forward (even if you’re on your way to death’s door).
Always look for wires and behind mirrors in every hotel and airbnb room.
- Yep, good advice fo’sho.
We always revert back to our level of training in times of stress.
- Miles picked up the rifle in a stressful moment and got right back to killing.
Don’t assume someone is incapacitated. Make sure they are tied up.
- Yeah, Emily (Dakota Johnson) totally screwed up by allowing Rose to be free while she investigated the corridor.
Check out the Bad Times at the El Royale official trailer:
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit out Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
Finally! It seems like forever since we’ve seen a movie with audience and critics simpatico. Audience at 76% and critics at 72% on Rotten Tomatoes works for us.
We’re going to discuss our individual Top 5 Defining Childhood Movies in the next episode.
If you missed it, last week we discussed lessons learned from Venom.