Bloodshot was mindless fun, but not something we’d recommend. Sure, you get Vin Diesel being his bad ass self, but the non-original twist villain and plot aren’t worth your time.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Life Lessons Learned from Bloodshot
Listen to our episode on Bloodshot
Sky: KISS – keep it simple, stupid.
- Dr. Harting’s (Guy Pierce) plan is too much trouble. Convincing Bloodshot each time, over and over, to go for revenge? Find someone as good as him, pay him to go murder all, and be done with it.
Dusty: Who we were doesn’t dictate who we have to be.
- Yep, we can always change.
Nobody’s tougher than Vin Diesel in his movies.
Sky: Do NOT work for a murderous megalomaniac.
- You disappoint him, you’re next on the Bloodshot hit list. Plus, you’re helping this guy murder people. Good luck explaining yourself to Saint Peter at the pearly gates.
Dusty: Don’t put any electronics into your body.
- KT and Bloodshot were susceptible to Guy Pierce’s meddling because of the cybernetic enhancements they had. Elon, really? Are you expecting us to put your new brain chips in our heads? Count us out.
Sarcasm Alert! Way to show us the coolest visual in the trailer, guys.
Dusty: Question everything.
- “Every yellow light leads to a red.” So, when something feels hinky and your spidey-sense tingles, pay attention and be wary.
Sky: You can’t control others.
- You might succeed for a time, but you’ll just build up resentment in them and create an enemy close to you.
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 78%
- The Critics: 30%
- D from Sky
- D+ from Dusty
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on Starship Troopers (1997).