We loved Captain America: The First Avenger. Great story, Chris Evans is a perfect Cap and totally re-watchable. Some great supporting performances all around, and an incredible score by Alan Silvestri. What’s not to love?
Lessons Learned from Captain America: The First Avenger
Never give up.
- Steve Rogers is the definition of tenacity. He wouldn’t give up on becoming a soldier and he wouldn’t give up on his friend and the other captured soldiers. We love how he said he doesn’t like bullies and he’ll stand up to them no matter what. This is what really got us to get behind this version of Capt. America.
Be self-less and take care of others. Humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less.
- These characteristics are embodied by Steve Rogers.
You never know who’s packing heat.
- That was cool seeing the old lady in the shop prompt Agent Carter for the code and she had an awesome gun within arm’s reach.
The little guy can make a big difference.
- Size doesn’t matter. It’s what you do with it.
Be respectful of everyone even prisoners, because one day they may have a stick of their own.
- Dum Dum Dugan was being pushed by a Hydra guard and told him to watch out. When there is a revolt in the prison, and the prison guards are being overrun, wouldn’t you rather have been considered a nice guy and maybe the let you live.
Pretty foolish, capturing Captain America
Always go after bullies. Even if they are Hitler.
- Every bully deserves to be taken down.
If they deserve to die, kill them.
- I love Spider-man, but he, Batman and Superman have an issue with killing baddies that deserve it. Not Captain, though! Love it!
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit out Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
What is happening over there on Rotten Tomatoes? Critics at 79% and audience at 74%? 2 issues here: critics are higher and the audience is soooooo looooooowwwww.
Sky has chosen Thor as the next movie we’ll learn from.
If you missed it, last week we discussed Ralph Breaks the Internet.