Captain Marvel is a good addition to the MCU. This movie’s got humor and a compelling story, and Carol Danvers’ origin is worth watching. We would’ve liked more detailed fight scenes, but really enjoyed Fury’s larger role in this one. Plus, Agent Coulson!
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Captain Marvel
Sky: You control 2 things in your life: your actions and your attitude.
- Yon-Rogg (Jude Law) was right when he told this to Veers (Brie Larson), but he was using it as a way to control her.
Dusty: Always go with your heart. Not your head.
- Trust your gut and do what feels right.
“I feel the need for speed!”
Sky: You could be your own greatest enemy.
- Sky can’t remember who said this in the movie: “Know your enemy, it could be you.” So many people in this life blame the outside world and blame others for their problems. If your life is screwed up, it’s your own damn fault. The sooner you accept this, the sooner you can work to better your life.
She’s beating up an old lady!
Dusty: Question everything. Even if you think you are on the right side, you need to check and recheck to make sure you are doing the right thing.
- Carol Danvers wasn’t too pig-headed and stubborn to listen to Talos’ (Ben Mendelsohn) story and she learned she’d been lied to for years and the Skrulls aren’t her enemies.
Sky: “Whether you believe you can or you can’t, you’re right.”
- This is one of the most important lessons anybody can learn in life. People who tell themselves they’re no good at math, will never be good at math. People who tell themselves and the world that they can’t read or write worth crap, will never read or write worth crap. Your beliefs will turn you into the person you’re going to be, and they led you to be the person that you are today. Regarding Carol Danvers, even though she doesn’t know anything about her past, all those experiences turned her into the strong, confident and no–quit type of person she is.
Dusty: Be on the side of good, not evil.
- Be the hero of your life story and fight for what’s right.
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit out Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
The audience score on Rotten Tomatoes started really low, but it’s gradually moving up as more people enjoy the movie and leave their reviews. Currently, Audience at 62% and Critics at 79%.
Next week we’ll re-aire ___ as Sky needs time off to build out his online poker course.
If you missed it, last week we re-aired Ant-man and the Wasp.