Extraction is a fast-paced, action packed, fun and violent movie. Great actors, perfect action and an amazing one-take car/gun chase makes this a Netflix movie you CANNOT miss.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Life Lessons Learned from Extraction
Listen to our episode on Extraction
Sky: “You drown, not by falling into the river, but by staying submerged in it.”
- You can’t deny the wisdom of this statement and it can be applied to any difficult things you face throughout your life.
Dusty: You can survive a 130 meter fall into water from a cliff.
- Hecka scary, though!
Sky: Money is the great seducer.
- Tyler Rake (Chris Hemsworth) thought he could trust his friend Gaspar (played by David Harbour). But, Gaspar lives in a dirty, dangerous city and a couple million bucks will get him and his wife to Fiji in no time.
Dusty: Preparation leads to success.
- Tyler had everything he needed to handle a war zone on him when he went to extract Ovi.
The director, Sam Hargrave, also played Gaeten the sniper.
Sky: Backup and support is critical.
- Whether you’re taking part in a military mission or simply trying to do a new business venture, you’re more likely to be successful if you have a team of people supporting.
Dusty: Think ahead and be proactive, not reactive.
- Being reactive limits your options. Being proactive puts you in charge and you have more options to achieve your goals. This fits with the prior lesson from Dusty, because looking ahead helps you to see what you may need in the future, so you can prepare yourself for it.
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 71%
- The Critics: 67%
- B from Sky
- B+ from Dusty
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on Tombstone.