We both enjoyed the real-life story of Miles’ and Shelby’s Le Mans win in 1966 in Ford v Ferrari. Bale and Damon were incredible as the two that led to victory.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Ford v Ferrari
Listen to our episode on Ford v Ferrari
Dusty: Sometimes it is worth it to take huge risks and lay everything on the line.
- Shelby put his entire company on the line when he was confident in his team and his driver. Inspirational.
Sky: Don’t insult somebody who can do something about it.
- Enzo Ferrari made a huge mistake by insulting the Deuce, which prompted Ford to “go to war” against Ferrari in Le Mans.
Great acting by Christian Bale (Ken Miles) and Matt Damon (Carroll Shelby).
Dusty: Leave everything on the track.
- Put it all on the line, run it in the red, hit 7,000 when everything is on the line and winning is the only option.
Sky: Nothing great ever comes from one man. It’s always a team effort.
- This win took Ford’s initiative, Shelby’s expertise and passion for racing and Miles incredible racing talents.
Ken Miles wasn’t just the driver, he worked to build the winning car as well.
Dusty: Never lie to your wife.
- This is a critical lesson for every married man to learn sooner rather than later. It doesn’t pay to get caught in any lie with your better half.
Shelby couldn’t race anymore, but he stuck with his love of cars and worked to accomplish the impossible.
Sky: Visualize perfection and go for it.
- You know what perfect looks like, and even if it’s not attainable 100% of the time (like the perfect lap for Ken Miles) you must strive for it.
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 98%
- The Critics: 92%
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on Hot Shots! Part Deux.