Ghostbusters holds up today and is just as funny and exciting as ever. Take it from two guys who’ve seen it dozens of times.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Ghostbusters
Listen to our episode on Ghostbusters
Dusty: Always have your poker face on when buying a firehouse or anything for that matter.
- You can’t let them know how much in love with something you are before putting an offer down.
Sky: “Ray, when someone asks you if you’re a god, you say ‘YES’!”
- Truer words were never spoken.
Who you gonna call? We love the original gang (Ramis, Hudson, Murray and Aykroyd).
Dusty: Persistence always gets the girl.
- Dana Barrett (Sigourney Weaver)
Sky: Persistence pays off.
- Ray and Egon were really into the spirit realm and they ended up saving NY and maybe the world with their arcane knowledge. Also, Dan Aykroyd grew up with a family really into the arcane and it ended up paying off with this blockbuster movie.
Walter Peck (William Atherton) making a huge “Monday Morning Quarterback” mistake.
Dusty: Keep your keys on you when you leave the house with an automatic lock on your door.
- Don’t pull a Louis Tully (Rick Moranis) and lock yourself out of your own apartment. And if it happens once, you’d better learn from it and NOT repeat that mistake.
Sky: Always look before you leap (or shoot).
- They almost killed that maid in the hallway when they were on the hunt for Slimer.
That’s how they did that!
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 88%
- The Critics: 97%
- A+ from Sky
- A+ from Dusty
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on The Gentlemen.