Guardians of the Galaxy is one of the best MCU movies. James Gunn shows us what a space opera can be with an incredible story and real characters that we’ll never forget.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Guardians of the Galaxy
Sky: Know your audience.
- When you’re trying to communicate to others (like Quill to Drax in the Kiln), make sure to use words they’ll understand. Your goal is to be understood, right?
These misfits took down the Kiln
Dusty: Always have a plan. Even if you only have 12% of a plan.
- You can always wing it (like they’re good at), but start with a plan.
Love that 12% scene
Sky: Keep your personal business personal.
- Don’t alert those around you to the crazy payday you’re on the verge of, especially if they might not skip an opportunity for jacking billions of units from you.
Dusty: Call your mother once a week if not more.
- Yep, take it from us. Eventually, you won’t have the opportunity to.
Sky: Work with what you got.
- When life hands you lemons (or a spaceship without weapons), make lemonade.
Dusty: Always think outside of the box.
- There’s a solution to every problem, you just have to find it.
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit our Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
This movie was LOVED by both the critics (91%) and the audience (92%) on Rotten Tomatoes. See? We can get along sometimes.
Dusty has chosen John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum as the next movie we’ll learn from.
If you missed it, last week we learned from Thor: Ragnarok.