Hobbs & Shaw had unbelievable, crazy action with great comedic one-liners, and we had a rockin’ good time! This is a great spin-off to the Fast & Furious Franchise.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Hobbs & Shaw
Sky: You can learn a lot about somebody by fighting them.
- This is probably true, but I (Sky) will never intrinsically understand it. I’m not a fighter, I’m more of an avoider.
Dusty: Always have one in the chamber.
- The goal is to protect yourself, so don’t waste time in having to pull the slide back.
These two are perfect buddy-action-movie stars!
Sky: Go to a stunt driving school so you’ll be ready for your next big high-speed chase.
- You gotta be prepared to outrun the cops. Check this one out: Rick Seaman Stunt Driving School.
Dusty: Family is the most important.
- It may seem cliche and over-used in movies, but family is the true bond that can get you through the tough times. This is one of the reasons we love this franchise.
Idris Elba was a great black Superman
Sky: We can accomplish so much more with teamwork.
- It took these two frien-enemies working together to take out Brixton (Elba).
With all the cameos in the movie (like Eiza Gonzalez), they’re preparing for a continuing franchise
Dusty: Get creative when making booby traps.
- Yeah, prepare for the worst and surprise your enemies like they did here with “Samo-Alone”.
Dusty’s super-cool desk (now that’s he’s got Deadpool)
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit our Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
Rotten Tomatoes score:
- The Audience: 89%
- The Critics: 66%
Sky & Dusty have chosen the Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy as the next set of movies we’ll learn from.
If you missed it, last week we learned from Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.