Jumanji: The Next Level was a great follow-up to a great re-do! We both loved the new characters and actors along with new story elements and settings.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Jumanji: The Next Level
Listen to our episode on Jumanji: The Next Level
Dusty: Never let issues get in the way of friendship. Forgive and move on with your life.
- It was great seeing Milo (Danny Glover) coming to visit his lifelong friend Eddie (Danny DeVito) to mend their friendship.
Sky: “You got to pay attention to what’s in your hand.”
- Fun lesson from Milo to Eddie in the plane.
Dusty: Don’t let pride or pain keep you from doing what you love.
- Eddie was living an unhappy and resentful life and missed out on still being involved in the restaurant with Nora (Bebe Neuwirth).
Sky: You must continually exercise your mind and be a lifelong learner.
- When you stop learning you lose that growth mindset and things become harder to accept and understand. It took Eddie and Milo a bit too long to understand they were in a video game.
Danny DeVito and Danny Glover were great additions to the cast.
Dusty: Keep your body in shape.
- “If you’re not growing, you’re dying. There’s no third direction.” – Big Tom Callahan from Tommy Boy. Getting old ain’t fun, but staying healthy in mind and body will make aging a bit more tolerable.
Awkwafina was great portraying both Spencer and Eddie.
Sky: The things you do affect more than just yourself, you’ve got to think about your loved ones before you do something drastic.
- Spencer didn’t think about what his disappearance would do to his family nor his friends when he jumped back in. Also, 0 thought was given to how he would be able to complete the mission and end up stuck in the game.
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 87%
- The Critics: 69%
- A- from Sky
- A from Dusty
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on Team America: World Police.