Kingsman: The Secret Service is an awesomely fresh take on the spy genre. Firth, Egerton and Strong knocked it out of the park, as did the incredible fight scenes, cinematic visuals and fun soundtrack.
How many Kingsman movies are there?
Two so far, but we’re looking forward to the upcoming prequel, The King’s Man. The first two movies are Kingsman: The Secret Service and the sequel, Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Kingsman: The Secret Service
Listen to our episode on Kingsman: The Secret Service
Dusty & Sky: “True nobility is being superior to your former self.”
- We loved this line from Galahad (Colin Firth). Always work to be 1% better every day.
Firth killed it (and everyone else) in our favorite scene.
Dusty: Lock the door so they cannot leave when you fight.
- This great scene reminder Dusty of another of his favorite movies, A Bronx Tale.
Sky: If it’s too good to be true, it is.
- Valentine giving free access… there’s a catch, right? A billionaire giving away free stuff? Nah, nothing nefarious here.
Eggsy (Egerton) picking up where his mentor left off. Time to wack some wankers. Lock the doors!
Dusty: Never steal a car.
- It’s not worth the trouble for a few minutes of joy riding fun.
Sky: Don’t let anybody put digital anything in your body.
- Are you friggin’ kidding me?!
Mark Strong as Merlin was fantastic (the rest were pretty cool, too)
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 84%
- The Critics: 74%
- A+ from Sky
- A from Dusty
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on Groundhog Day.