My Blue Heaven is a classic that we grew up with and we still love it to this day. And the rare comedy where our wives loved it just as much!
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Listen to our episode on My Blue Heaven
Powered by RedCircle
Life Lessons Learned from My Blue Heaven
Sky: You are the company you keep.
- Vinnie’s ways rub off on Barney; dancing, wearing nice suits, not so straight-laced, lying. Barney also seems to rub off a bit on Vinnie.
Steve Martin and Rick Moranis are a great comedic duo.
Dusty: Always have leverage on others.
- Vinnie was able to turn the tables on DA Stubbs by bringing up her turtle deception.
Joan Cusack is always a great part of any movie. She had great role in this movie opposite Rick Moranis.
Sky: “Why make war? ” – Vinnie
- Love this lesson: Be kind and gentle; confrontations are unnecessary, let bygones be bygones, don’t burn bridges.
Dusty: Never take your wallet out.
- Have a money clip instead and DO NOT visit Brazil.
We’d love to have this prop suit in a huge Lucite case in our office.
Additional Lessons Learned from Dusty:
- Don’t skimp on the socks.
- It’s very hard for a person to change. You have to change from the outside in.
- Look for opportunities everywhere.
- Green side up for the sod.
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 59%
- The Critics: 71%
- A from Sky & Dusty
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on The Terminator.