We loved The Naked Gun! Leslie Nielsen’s comedic genius is on full display in this perfect comedy from the team that brought us Airplane!, Kentucky Fried Movie and Top Secret.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from The Naked Gun
Listen to our episode on The Naked Gun
Sky: Always wait for backup.
- Confronting drug dealers solo, like Nordberg did, is a huge mistake.
Dusty: Don’t eat anything that makes you faint when you smell it.
- Also, check the expiration date.
This cast nailed their comedic roles (OJ Simpson as Nordberg, Leslie Nielsen as Frank Drebin and George Kennedy as Captain Ed)
Sky: Disconnect the electronics when you’re finished broadcasting.
- Frank made a huge mistake hitting the head after the press conference. Nowadays, so many people are using Zoom for meetings or school, the worst thing would be if you keep the cameras or screen share going as you stand up from your chair naked or hop on a porn site.
Dusty: Always have around in the chamber.
- Guns have a safety switch for a reason. Keep on chambered so you’re ready to rock and roll.
Sky’s choice of the Full Body Condom as his prop fits with last week’s “Anal Intruder” prop.
Sky: Learn your national anthem because you never know when you’ll be required to sing it.
- For one, it’s your national anthem. For another, you don’t want to look foolish in front of a crowd.
Reggie Jackson (real!) and Queen Elizabeth II (also real!)
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 84%
- The Critics: 87%
- A+ from Sky
- A from Dusty
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on Top Secret.