Spaceballs came out when we were kids, we loved it then… and we STILL LOVE it now! Laugh out loud from the long Spaceball 1 intro to the wedding scene ending. We’ve changed our grading scale, and this gets an A+ from each of us (A++++ from Dusty).
Lessons Learned from Spaceballs
Sky: Don’t run from your problems.
- Princess Vespa (Daphne Zuniga) ran away instead of facing her problems and saying no to her father. Running away doesn’t solve anything, your problems are still there.
Dusty: Don’t miss the big problem and go after the small one.
- Don’t trip over dollars to pick up pennies. Leave the case with the industrial strength hair dryer.
Sky: Invest in a virgin alarm.
- For all you fathers of daughters out there.
Dusty: Change the combination on my luggage. Never set the luggage combination to 12345.
- LOL when President Scroob (Mel Brooks) had the same combination on his luggage.
Sky: When the right thing comes around, grab onto it with both hands.
- Lonestar (Bill Pullman) and Vespa fell in love, you’ve got to fight for that, even if she’s supposed to get married.
Dusty: Always check to see if you still have your ring when someone shakes your hand.
- Dusty remembers this every time he gets a massage.
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit out Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
Wow! Those critics scored it just below fresh on Rotten Tomatoes at 58%. The audience is much more on-the-money here with 83%.
Sky has chosen Rocketman as the next movie we’ll learn from.
If you missed it, last week we discussed Galaxy Quest.