Ready Or Not was a fun “get ’em” horror movie but isn’t one either of us are likely to watch again. Sky recommends it, Dusty… not so much.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Ready Or Not
Listen to our episode on Ready Or Not
Sky: If someone’s hunting you, don’t freak out. It’s just a person.
- It ain’t Freddy or Jason. Calm down, breath, turn the tables and attack back.
Dusty: Never turn to a kid for help when you are going to die.
- What the heck is a 10-year old going to do to save your life?!
Some good bloody fun in Ready Or Not.
Sky: You can’t choose your family, but you can choose to not be a part of it.
- Alex (and Daniel) hated their family. Don’t bring others into your family through marriage if it’s an unhealthy situation that they’d hate to be in.
Dusty: When the danger is still clear and present, save the explanations after you get to safety.
- You don’t need to know, all that matter is they’re trying to kill you. Just do all you can to get away.
Samara Weaving was perfect as Grace.
Sky: Stay in shape enough to jump over fences.
- As long as you can hop over a fence, you can escape from zombies and killer in-laws (and butlers).
Dusty: Grab your enemy’s gun.
- You need every advantage you can get, and Grace skipping the kid’s gun was a huge mistake.
We loved seeing the come-up-pence this family receives at the end.
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 78%
- The Critics: 88%
- B from Sky
- D+ from Dusty
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on Star Wars: Episode IX.