Starship Troopers is an action/sci-fi classic and deserves to be seen by one and all! Great special effects, lots of gore and good looking soldiers are all you need (in movies and in life).
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Life Lessons Learned from Starship Troopers
Listen to our episode on Starship Troopers
Sky: It’s not why you’re there that matters, it’s what you do when you get there.
- Rico might’ve joined the military Carmen (Denise Richards), but he’s a good soldier and leader and Carmen had nothing to do with that.
Dusty: Be proactive not reactive.
- You want to be the one putting pressure on your enemy, helping them make mistakes. Letting them pressure you makes your job tougher.
Johnny Rico (Casper Van Dien) about to blow up the tanker bug.
Sky: “Never pass up a good thing.” – Lt. Rasczak
- Sir, yes sir!
Dusty: Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.
- Starting the battles with troops first, twice, is a major blunder. Napalm the bugs is a better step one before you send in actual troops.
Loved Michael Ironside as Lt. Rasczak and Dina Meyer as Dizzy Flores.
Dusty: Use your fleet to bomb before infantry.
- This goes along with the prior lesson… napalm first!
Sky: Do not question a superior officer in the tactics they teach you.
- “The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand… MEDIC!” Loved this lesson.
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 70%
- The Critics: 63%
- A+ from Sky
- B+ from Dusty
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on Extraction.