Ralph Breaks the Internet was a worthy sequel to part one. We learned so many lessons from it regarding internet usage, interacting with your friends and being prepared for the worst life can throw at you.
Lessons Learned from Ralph Breaks the Internet
Always have a backup plan.
- There is a reason why Dusty and I work for ourselves and try to create plenty of streams of income. If we somehow lose one, we’ll have the others to rely on. When Vanellope’s (Sarah Silverman) game got shut down, she had nowhere else to go and had to rely on the kindness of Ralph (John C. Reilly) and others.
“Necessity is the Mother of invention” & “Where there is a will, there is a way”
- When your life or home or job is on the line, that motivation will push you to find a way.
Focus on the solution, not the problem.
- Vanellope wanted to leave the internet when she thought their predicament was impossible and she was fixated on losing the game. Ralph was intent on finding a solution and kept her there in search of it
2a. You can make money online.
- Too true. We are both proof of this. Figure out what you can offer to the world and step into action to create additional streams of income.
2b. But, do not read the comments
- There are trolls out there, so don’t let their negative comments derail you from achieving your goals.
“Jabba the Hutt”
Don’t be the guy that your friends are worried about hurting your feelings. Be even-keeled, understanding and roll with the punches.
- If you keep getting butt-hurt over things, like Ralph does with his insecurities, your friends/family will stop spending time with the Debbie Downer you are. Be Petey Positive instead!
Do not get emotional in your bidding on “Eboy”.
- Emotions will cause you to over-bid on that item that you “just must have!”
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit out Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
One of those few movies where the critics are higher than the audience: 87% versus 67% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Dusty has chosen Captain America: the First Avenger as the next movie we’ll learn from.
If you missed it, last week we discussed Overlord.