Fantasy Island is a fun, not-really-horror movie. Fun actors playing relatable characters with a crazy story in a beautiful island setting… and Chastity! What’s not to love?
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Fantasy Island
Listen to our episode on Fantasy Island
Sky: What goes around comes around.
- Don’t be surprised when the school girl you picked on comes back for revenge.
Dusty: Don’t turn your back on danger.
- Never leave the room when the stove is on, when your baby is in the bathtub, or turn your back when little kids are swimming.
A beautiful island, but we’ll never be guests here.
Dusty: Always carry a weapon.
- Sloan was kidnapped and on the run, but she didn’t even try to pickup a rock or a stick to use as a weapon.
Sky: Regret is a disease.
- Living in the past robs you of enjoying the now. Gwen (Maggie Q) missed out on a lovely family due to the guilt she felt over Nick’s death.
Great torture scene with Melanie (Lucy Hale) choosing instead to save Sloan (Portia Doubleday).
Dusty: If at all possible, keep yourself safe while fighting. Live to fight another day.
- Michael Rooker’s Damon crash tackled Dr. Torture off the cliff instead of try to kick him off the ledge.
Sky: Never separate.
- When in caves and being chased by baddies, there’s power in numbers. Separating is the last thing you want to do. And pickup a weapon!
Michael Rooker was under-utilized.
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 47%
- The Critics: 10%
- B+ from Sky
- B- from Dusty
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on Aquaman (2018).