Knives Out was a great murder mystery that up-ended the genre. We loved the acting and the story progression. It was surprising that Rian Johnson pulled this one off after making the disappointing The Last Jedi.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Knives Out
Listen to our episode on Knives Out
Sky: There’s always a lesson to learn.
- That was a great scene and neat seeing how Harlan thought he was poisoned but then was still paying attention and learned a great way to murder somebody with morphine. He even whipped out his notepad to jot it down.
Dusty: Be perceptive and pay attention to the world around you.
- Marta (Ana de Armas) paid attention and realized that clues were left behind. She smartly noticed them then worked to obscure those clues from Benoit Blanc (played by Daniel Craig).
What a great cast of characters.
Dusty: There are no such things as coincidences.
- Every detective knows that things happen for a reason and everything is tied together.
Sky: Nobody responds well to ultimatums.
- Harlan Thrombey (Christopher Plummer) told Richard (Don Johnson) to tell his wife about the affair or he would. That’s reason enough for murder for a lot of people.
Great acting across the board from de Armas, Evans and Craig.
Dusty: Don’t do things that put yourself in harms way.
- What a stupid idea! The maid tried to meet with Ransom (Chris Evans) in secret to expose him. He’s capable of murder! Stay away and involve the cops.
Love that knife display.
Sky: Don’t talk politics at a party.
- It almost always leads to an argument.
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 97%
- The Critics: 93%
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on Ford v Ferrari.