Once Upon a Time in Hollywood may have been meandering and a little boring at times, but the acting talents of DiCaprio and Pitt are on full, glorious display.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Sky: Pick yourself up by the bootstraps and soldier on with the job you were hired to do.
- DiCaprio’s character of Rick Dalton came back from the brink of breaking down on set and killed it with the kidnapping scene with the little girl and Luke Perry. This is how we should all act and when it’s your turn to perform, perform and get the job done.
Dusty: Have a weapon (especially a flame thrower) near you at all times.
- You’ve gotta be able to protect yourself and your family.
Pitt and DiCaprio were on point in this one!
Sky: If it’s not “hell yes” it’s “hell no”.
- It’s easier said than done, and Kurt Russell’s stunt coordinator character broke this rule and hired Cliff. This ended up with Bruce Lee getting thrown around and his wife’s car getting beat up. I don’t know who originally said this, but it applies to all aspects of life. Life is too short to do the stuff you don’t want to do, so when somebody offers you something and you don’t immediately jump at the opportunity, turn it down.
Dusty: If you’re even in a pool and roasting on fire, just go under.
- Yep, water puts out fire (it’s science, yo!).
Danger! Danger! Jail bait… DANGER!!!
Sky: Try not to think with your little brain.
- Cliff Booth was right when he inquired as to the age of PussyCat. There’s jail bait out there, and it takes a little bit of forethought and self-control to NOT be taken in by it.
Margot Robbie was great as Sharon Tate
Dusty: Train your dog to chew off somebody’s face, arm or balls.
- Sounds good, but are you willing to put in the work to do this? A horse and hardback book is good enough.
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit our Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
The critics enjoyed this one, they had it at 84% on Rotten Tomatoes which was a bit more positive than the Audience at 71%. We agree with the Critics on this one.
Dusty has chosen Hobbs & Shaw as the next movie we’ll learn from.
If you missed it, last week we learned from Army of Darkness.