Team America: World Police holds up! Just as funny as ever and it’s a great send-up of Bruckheimer movies, actors, dictators and Hollywood pretentiousness.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Team America: World Police
Listen to our episode on Team America: World Police
Sky: Every good team needs an acting expert!
- “Without an expert they were like pigs to the slaughter.” – Spottiswood
Dusty: Be aware of what is behind your target.
- Funny stuff blowing up parts of Paris when your intent was to save Paris, but c’mon! Pay attention, people.
There’s no way to see through this disguise.
Dusty: No country should police the world.
- Only step in when you’re invited. Like giving another man’s wife a foot massage.
We love the portrayal of Kim Jong Il.
Sky: Difficult times separate the men from the boys.
- Gary just couldn’t hack it. But it wouldn’t be a great third act if he didn’t switch gears and jump back into action (with a dong in his mouth).
Matt Stone and Trey Parker on set with Sky’s prop.
Dusty: Don’t ever join a guild that has a horrible name that people can make fun of you. F.A.G.
- Yeah, think about what they’ll call you first.
Dusty’s opinion: the best Matt Damon movie ever.
Sky: Don’t ever be a irritating, stupid, lowlife Matt Daemon.
- JK, all!
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 80%
- The Critics: 77%
- B+ from Sky
- A- from Dusty
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on Knives Out.