We love the Terminator Franchise. T2 Judgment Day is the best of the bunch, with 1984’s The Terminator in 2nd place. The most recent Dark Fate was very enjoyable with the return of Linda Hamilton and some crazy scary terminators for Arnie and co to deal with.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch these movies before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from The Terminator (1984)
Video Coming Soon!
Listen to us discuss 1984’s The Terminator:
Powered by RedCircle
Sky: If a naked guy in the middle of the night approaches you, back away.
- Don’t antagonize or threaten him. He knows more than you or at least he ain’t scared of you. Tim Allen wrote a great autobiography called “Don’t Stand Too Close To A Naked Guy.”
Dusty: Don’t peal out when you are trying to sneak away.
- They do this all the time in movies and a couple times here. Loud tire screeching is the enemy of your stealthy escape.
Sky: This too shall pass.
- All those little annoyances, like ice cream in your apron and spilling food on a dude, ain’t no thang. In a few days, maybe even a few hours, they won’t matter. And look on the bright side, you might have a fun story to tell from it.
Dusty: The only way to keep a secret is to tell no one.
- Yep, loose lips sink ships and the more sets of lips that know, the more likely your secret will get out.
- B from Sky
- A- from Dusty
The Terminator Rotten Tomatoes score:
- The Audience: 89%
- The Critics: 100%
Check out the IMDB page on 1984’s The Terminator for more info.
Lessons Learned from Terminator: Dark Fate
Listen to our episode on Terminator: Dark Fate
Dusty: The best defense is a good offense.
- The best part of T2 was Sarah Connor going after Miles Dyson and tries to take out Skynet. They should do the same in this sequel.
Sky: Do the right thing now and come what may.
- When you see someone in need, help them out like the couple did when Grace fell from the bridge. But, no good deed goes unpunished…
The T-800 Terminator versus an incredibly powerful Rev. 9 (played by Gabriel Luna)
Dusty: Always have a backup plan.
- The EMP was good, but just in case, don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
Sky: Never give personal information to an unknown person.
- With online phishing or stalkers or just bad people wanting to do you and yours harm, don’t give out information like, “All her friends call her Dani.”
Sarah Connor: still a bad-ass protecting Dani (Natalia Reyes)
Dusty: Always close the door.
- Don’t allow the enemy a way in to kill you. Close that door so the Rev. 9 can’t get it.
We get an augmented human named Grace (played by McKenzie Davis) fighting for our future in this installment.
Sky: It pays to have powerful, well-placed friends.
- If you need an EMP, call up Major Dean. But, why wasn’t “Major Dean” named “Major Danny Dyson” instead?
Terminator: Dark Fate Rotten Tomatoes score:
- The Audience: 70%
- The Critics: 84%
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Lessons Learned from Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Listen to our episode on Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Dusty: Don’t stupidly fly your helicopter so close to your target.
- If you can keep your distance and still do you job, do it.
Sky: Don’t let power go to your head.
- Those psych ward abusers were terrible people. Psych ward abusers are cliché in movies, but it’s necessary so we’re on Sarah Connor’s side as she’s beating them to escape.
Our trio of Heroes: Sarah and John Connor (Linda Hamilton and Edward Furlong) and the Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
Dusty: Never Jerk the wheel when you are driving.
- Stay calm and controlled or else it’s flipping/spinning time.
Sky: Learn to pick locks.
- It worked for Sarah Connor, it’ll work for you as well.
The best scene: the canal chase with that awesome shotgun
Dusty: Have an arsenal because you’ll be glad when it comes in use.
- You never know what the future will bring, but always be prepared.
Nothing more scary than the unrelenting T-1000 (Robert Patrick)
Sky: Always know your nearest metal smelting plant.
- Terminators, zombies, psycho-hose beasts, they can all be destroyed by molten metal.
Terminator 2: Judgment Day Rotten Tomatoes score:
- The Audience: 94%
- The Critics: 93%
Check out the IMDB page for more info.