The Goonies is a perfect adventure movie for anyone who’s ever wanted to follow a map to buried treasure. This one captured our imaginations back in ’85, and it landed at the top of our lists in last week’s Top 5 episode. Listen to this episode and let’s live vicariously through the adventures of Mikey, Chunk, Mouth, Data, Brand, Andy and Stef.
Lessons Learned from The Goonies
Always be kind.
- The Fratelli’s poor treatment of Sloth, along with Mikey’s (Sean Astin) and Chunk’s (Jeff Cohen) kind treatment put Sloth on their side and against his family.
Never judge a book by its cover.
- Chunk was scared at first. But, it’s great how Sloth became Chunk’s best friend and new family member.
Don’t let good opportunities pass you by.
- The Goonies had plenty of chances to end their journey because of the danger, but they chose to go on instead. They succeeded as a group of friends, beat the Fratelli’s and saved the neighborhood.
Kids can do amazing things.
- For sure, they’re capable and with their imagination, they see the possibility in everything.
Keep your candles and dynamite separate. In fact, don’t buy candles that resemble the dynamite you’re carrying.
- C’mon Chester Copperpot, you’re not a treasure hunter I would try to emulate.
Never pig out at a fat camp or you will get kicked out.
- Great story from Chunk.
Check out The Goonies official trailer:
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit out Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
Audience at 91% and critics at 70% on Rotten Tomatoes. Seems right, as critics often don’t want to have fun at the movies. Poo on you, critics.
Dusty has chosen our #1 movie, Hunter Killer as the next movie we’ll learn from.
If you missed it, last week we discussed our Top 5 Defining Childhood Movies.