The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part was a lot of fun for Dusty, but Sky wasn’t such a fan. Dusty enjoyed how they put lots of small new tweaks to things like songs and intros that they did in part 1.
Lessons Learned from The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part
Sky: How you respond to your situation is up to you. You can let it change you for the better, or for the worse.
- Emmet allowed being stuck under the laundry machines turn him into a big jerk. He became a victim.
Dusty: Don’t try to change someone else. The only person you can change is yourself. Also, you do not know what is best for the person. Maybe what you want is worse.
- You goal should just to improve yourself daily, and be an asset or positive force in the lives of those around you.
Gotta love Emmett’s positive outlook
Sky: Know your parents. Some give open threats, others follow through. If you have the follow-through type of parents, you better do what they say.
- If your mom’s going to make you put all the LEGO’s in storage, don’t tick her off.
Dusty: Communication is the key to relationships.
- All movie/tv logic breaks down when characters don’t talk to each other. Same thing happens in real life.
Sky: Do not act with a lack of information.
- Emmet, if he would’ve listened to his friends who he came to save, wouldn’t have smashed Queen Whatevra’s home and caused the “ar-mom-ageddon”.
Dusty: It’s much easier to be friends than enemy.
- Being cool and kind with others is the way to go. Set aside your differences and work to build friendships as opposed to working on being better or putting them down.
- Watch out for “resting bitch face”. If they look angry/mad when resting, they’re an unhappy person in life. Angry face = angry life.
Bonus Lesson: Be yourself. If others don’t like you for it, screw them.
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit out Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
It’s only been out for 5 days now, but the critics and audiences are simpatico: 85% for critics and 79% for the audience on Rotten Tomatoes.
Dusty has chosen Alita: Battle Angel as the next movie we’ll learn from.
If you missed it, last week we discussed So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993).