The Princess Bride is a beloved family classic for us. We love the story and the characters and we both pray it will never be remade.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Life Lessons Learned from The Princess Bride
Listen to our episode on The Princess Bride
Sky: Kids are impatient (plus they’re a handful).
- This is a great lessons for soon-to-be parents. You’ll never be fully prepared for parenting, but you’ll have to deal with these little monsters soon.
Dusty: Never hire any mercenaries.
- They’re only concerned with money, and can turn on you at the drop of a gold bullion.
Nothing more noble than true love.
Sky: A bit of tolerance is a great thing.
- Wesley built up his tolerance to iocaine powder, allowing him to beat Vizzini. But this applies to humans in general with germs or exercise or facing difficult situations. Expose yourself and you’re stronger for it.
Dusty: Read to your kids.
- Try to instill a love of books and using your imagination by reading great books to them.
Every character is fully fleshed out from their first appearance on screen.
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 94%
- The Critics: 97%
- A+ from both Sky and Dusty
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on Bloodshot.