Tombstone is the best western the two of us have ever seen. Great acting and action make this compelling story a true classic.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Life Lessons Learned from Tombstone
Listen to our episode on Tombstone
Sky: A tough life breeds tough men.
- The west was a tough place to live, and it created men like the Earp’s, Doc Holliday and the Cowboys. Life’s too good now, and it doesn’t create men like it used to (except for Jocko Willink).
Dusty: Don’t be goaded into a gun fight.
- You’re better off walking away, assuming they’ll let you. Fighting, whether with fists, knives or guns, is the last resort.
Sky & Dusty: Avoid temptation.
- Women, drugs, alcohol, sugary foods, gambling. Whatever your vice is, if you don’t want to slip up, stay far away from it. Wyatt Earp knew better when he went riding with Josephine.
There’s no reasoning with the unreasonable.
Sky: You can’t reason with unreasonable people.
- The Cowboys are murderers (as evidenced from the beginning wedding scene). They don’t care if they deserve what happens to them, they want it their way or you’re dead.
Dusty: Stand up for your friends.
- Doc Holliday could’ve easily avoided every fight in this one, but he stuck by his friend to the end.
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 94%
- The Critics: 74%
- A from Sky
- A+ from Dusty
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on Green Street Hooligans.