Top Gun is a quintessential, must-see ’80’s movie. We really enjoyed revisiting this and learning some great lessons. We discussed ’80’s music, actors and of course… Hot Shots!
Lessons Learned from Top Gun
Never leave your wingman.
- You’ve got each other’s backs and your lives in each other’s hands. There’s got to be absolute trust there for everyone to come home safely.
Follow orders. Military, work, wife… follow orders.
- If they have more knowledge than you, a wider perspective or more information than you, do what they say.
Don’t live your life dangerous and foolish.
- It’s good to think outside the box and test boundaries, but you need to do things sensibly.
Personal hygiene is important. Nobody likes a stinky person.
- Keep yourself clean. Clean = smells nice = have friends.
Talent can only take you so far. Hard work, dedication, and perseverance is required to be great.
- Even those without much talent can compete if they put forth more effort than the talented ones.
Let go of your ego, it can ruin you. You make others shine, you shine as well.
- Supporting your team leads to everyone’s success. “There’s no “I” in “team””.
Check out the Top Gun trailer:
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit out Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
Wow, another classic movie where the critics scored it way lower than the audience on Rotten Tomatoes. Critics at 54% and audience at 83%? We’re on the audience’s side.
Dusty has chosen Venom as the next movie we’ll learn from.
If you missed it, last week we discussed lessons learned from Peppermint.