Top Secret is a visually comedic tour de force. It’s a must-see comedy from the 80’s (don’t listen to this in the background while washing dishes). Fun characters & plot elements + Val Kilmer + visual gags = comedic genius!
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Top Secret
Listen to our episode on Top Secret
Dusty: Don’t change clothes in full view of others.
- Windows and doors = opportunity to peep. And somebody is always watching.
Sky: Be careful with your sexual toys.
- C or D batteries are okay. But if it requires plugging in, use it with a friend and have a safe word like “Batman!”
Movie prop of the century! What a conversation starter…
Dusty & Sky: Be perceptive of your surroundings.
- Keep yourself safe with your head on a swivel and look for danger around every corner, cows with boots and funny gags.
Loved the French revolutionary’s names like Montage, Deja Vu, Croissant, Souffle, Escargot, Latrine and Chocolate Mousse.
Dusty: Avoid uncomfortable situations and wait until your name is called.
- A cringe worthy situation was narrowly avoided when Nick Rivers went up to address the crowd.
Sky: Learn the language before you visit a foreign country.
- Download a language app and practice daily before your next big trip. Learning the basics will help you feel more comfortable and enjoy your time more in a foreign country.
If you don’t pay attention, you’ll miss the swinging rag dolls.
Rotten Tomatoes scores:
- The Audience: 80%
- The Critics: 77%
- B+ from Sky
- B+ from Dusty
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Check out last week’s episode on Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.