Toy Story 4 was a good *maybe* final installment in the franchise. Fun new characters and a fresh story line and lovely animation.
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movie before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Toy Story 4
Dusty: Loyalty is important.
- Woody demonstrated this with his attitude of “leave no toy behind”. This is how we all should be in regards to family, friends, work and anything else important in our lives.
Bo Peep leading the way
Sky: Where there’s a will there’s a way.
- Forky wouldn’t be dissuaded from getting into the trash and found multiple ways to end up there. Woody as well wouldn’t be dissuaded from saving Forky and keeping him around as one of Bonnie’s toys. If it’s important to you, you’ll find a way to accomplish it.
No more perfect fit for the motorcycle stuntman Duke Caboom than Keanu Reeves
Dusty: Stealing a Kidney from someone is wrong.
- Besides murder, you can’t get much more evil than this.
Sky & Dusty: Listen to your inner voice… that’s just your gut or your conscience telling you to do the right thing.
- Of course Woody always follows his conscience because he is a very good toy. Buzz Lightyear didn’t understand the idea, but eventually he got it and followed his own. And even when his own inner voice wasn’t saying what he thought it should, he kept questioning it and pushing the button over and over again. So he was actually listening to his inner voice because he knew that that other voice was wrong.
Bunny and Ducky were fun additions to the toy menagerie
Sky: You can get what you want by buttering them up.
- Bo Peep convinced Duke Caboom to do what she wanted by saying all those nice things, so he relented and helped them save Forky. You know what they say, “Flattery will get you… everything.”
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit our Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
The Critics (98%) and Audiences (95%) on Rotten Tomatoes agree on this one. Highly recommended to see.
Sky has chosen Spider-man: Far From Home as the next movie we’ll learn from.
If you missed it, last week we learned from Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 (2017).