Venom was a totally enjoyable movie. What’s all the negative critical reception about? Tom Hardy killed it as Brock/Venom and we both recommend watching it.
Lessons Learned from Venom
Pay attention to weaknesses and exploit when necessary.
- Anne Weying (Michelle Williams) helped Venom at the end with her knowledge of the symbiote’s weakness.
Don’t own a convince store.
- I hate to burst your bubble slime-ball, but this isn’t the first time Mrs. Chen has had a gun held in her face.
Keep your ego in check and do your job admirably.
- It was Eddie Brock’s own fault that he pushed Drake (Riz Ahmed) so far and he lost his job, girlfriend and all job prospects because of it.
Don’t do any medical testing.
- “Possible side effects include loss of scalp and penis”. Nope, not worth it… not worth it at all.
If you’re supporting a megalomaniac, you’re not a victim when you die due to his actions or plans.
- We have no sympathy for the death of Dr. Dora Skirth (Jenny Slate). It’s her own darn fault for willingly experiment on human beings.
Don’t walk towards a gun fight.
- Yeah, Anne, what the heck were you thinking?
Check out the Venom official trailer:
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit out Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
What a difference between the critics and the audience. 31% vs 89% on Rotten Tomatoes. Lesson learned… critics ain’t worth listening to.
Sky has chosen Bad Times at the El Royale as the next movie we’ll learn from.
If you missed it, last week we discussed lessons learned from the 80’s classic Top Gun.