Zombieland and the Double Tap sequel are incredibly fun movies! We loved the relentless zombie-killing, blood and gore, slow motion action, fun characters and comedic moments in both. Plus, Bill Murray and Elvis’ blue suede shoes!
SPOILER ALERT! Watch the movies before proceeding.
Lessons Learned from Zombieland: Double Tap
Listen to our episode on Zombieland: Double Tap
Dusty: Always confirm your kill.
- Don’t give them a chance to get up and scurry away or resume their attack on you.
Sky: Always strive to do and be better.
- This is exemplified by Tallahassee’s drive to earn zombie kill of the year instead of just kill of the week.
The 4 back for more (Breslin, Harrelson, Stone and Eisenberg)
Dusty: Never park your car in someone else’s driveway.
- In more ways than one 🙂
Sky: Kids learn by example.
- Little Rock left her sister just like they left Tallahassee in Columbus with the stupid little note. This is a learned behavior. Watch what you do in front of your kids because they’re going to copy you.
Great additions to Zombieland: Nevada (Rosario Dawson), Albuquerque (Luke Wilson) and Flagstaff (Thomas Middleditch)
Dusty: The world is your toilet.
- Out in the woods, in a swamp, your own backyard… it’s okay to whip it out.
Big fans of Madison here!
Sky: “If you love something, you shoot it in the face so it doesn’t become a flesh-eating monster.”
- Yeppers, in the zombie apocalypse you don’t want your loved ones to turn and eat you.
Zombieland: Double Tap Rotten Tomatoes score:
- The Audience: 90%
- The Critics: 67%
Check out the IMDB page for more info.
Lessons Learned from Zombieland (2009)
Listen to our episode on Zombieland
Sky: Live in the now!
- If the world you’re living in won’t allow for the things you want to do, especially if your life is on the line, don’t do it.
Dusty: Don’t waste your ammo.
- No more is being made and this is the stuff that’s helping to keep you alive. Be smart with it, Tallahassee.
Dusty loves the level-action rifle
Sky: Enjoy the little things.
- Great lesson, take joy in the things you love to do.
Dusty: Don’t do things that bring attention to yourself, especially when your life is on the line.
- Running an amusement park at night with the lights and music?! Bad choice.
Some creative deaths in Zombieland
Sky: Don’t prop the door open.
- You’ve turned a safe exit into a portal of danger. Know where it is, clear the way and be ready to use it.
A zombie-fied Bill Murray!
Dusty: Don’t give your gun to anybody!
- Holy cow, bad choices made by everybody right and left in Zombieland.
Let us know what you think of the movie or any lessons you learned that we missed by commenting below. Or, you can visit our Watch and Learn Facebook Page and comment there.
Learn more about this movie from IMDB.
Zombieland Rotten Tomatoes score:
- The Audience: 90%
- The Critics: 86%